8000 years that Filitosa has jealously guarded its menhir-statues, its circular monuments (the “Torre”) and its mysteries… A veritable open-air museum, Filitosa retains traces of a very long occupation, spanning from the 6th millennium BC to the Roman occupation. In the 2nd millennium BC. J.C, stonemasons and megalithic sculptors will make Filitosa the largest center of Corsican statuary art, the most prodigious in the Mediterranean. This exceptional site located in the heart of a remarkable natural area was discovered in 1946 by Charles-Antoine Cesari and excavated for 20 years by the archaeologist and researcher at CNRS, Roger Grosjean. Classified as a Historic Monument, Filitosa is included in the list of one hundred historic sites of common interest in the Mediterranean countries.