This is the ideal time to ride in Corsica. The weather is superb but not too hot and we’re a long way off from the summer frenzy.
Make a fresh discovery with this Tour of South Corsica.
5 magnificent stages will enable you to discover South Corsica on peaceful roads.
A "Terre Mer" (land and sea) visit to the most beautiful parts of Corsica.
And of course, on this short tour of the island, Cycling Corsica will take care of all the logistics and guide you during the 5 stages.
DAY 1 AJACCIO-BONIFACIO
Distance: 123km / D + : 2312 m
After an early morning welcome meet in Ajaccio, we’ll start the first stage at extreme tip of the far south, jumping from one gulf to another, from Ajaccio to Valinco. The ride will finish at the white cliffs of Bonifacio: explore beautiful sandy beaches, Genoese towers, tiny wild bays and pretty views.
DAY 2 BONIFACIO-ZICAVO
Distance: 110km / D + : 2235 m
From Ospedale to the Aiguilles de Bavella, the road (a stage of the 2013 Tour de France race) takes us into the upper Taravo valley peppered with quintessential Corsican villages nestled in the greenery. We head up the Vaccia pass (1193m) followed by a long descent between chestnut and beech trees to Zicavo (735m).
DAY 3 ZICAVO-CORTE
Distance: 101km / D + : 2305 m
This exceptional inland road takes through two famous passes: Verde (1289) and Sorba (1311). Then we descend towards the Vecchio valley with its green meadows to reach Corte, historic capital of independent Corsica.
DAY 4 CORTE-PORTO
Distance: 76km / D + : 1515 m
Discover the sublime Niolo region and the high pass of Scala di Santa Regina. Go through the magnificent gorges of Spelunca and the Col de Vergio - the highest road of Corsica. Descent towards Porto and enjoy a magnificent view of the gulf.
DAY 5 PORTO-AJACCIO
Distance: 98km / D + : 1723 m
Cross the Calanches of Piana (UNESCO World Heritage listed site) before a narrow road snakes its way past piles of jagged rocks – it is a breath-taking route. Then we continue to Cargèse which has two visit-worthy churches: one Greek and one Latin, which face each other above the sea. Take a last ride up the Col de Sarcoggio pass to admire the beautiful Gulf of Sagone.
THIS PRICE INCLUDES
- Accommodation in a twin room (2 beds) or double room for couples (1 double bed) in a 2-star hotel (2 Nights) and 3-star (2 nights)
- Assistance by 1 or 2 (depending on the number of participants) members of our team
- Full board
- An assistance vehicle available to the group which will provide the necessary equipment for small repairs for the duration of the stay
- Tracking and transport of your luggage
Option to ride to the end of the stage in a vehicle for those who want a break from riding.
There are several options:
- the possibility of following the circuit in the assisted vehicle (dependent on number of available places)
- Use your own vehicle for more freedom. We will provide a detailed road book highlighting the stages and sites of the route, together with the main tourist attractions of each region, as well as an IGN map of the toure.
THIS PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
Transport to Corsica
Multi-risk insurance (unless this option is chosen)
Bike rental (unless this option is chosen): €150
Single room supplement: €140
Drinks at evening meals (aperitif, coffee, sodas...)