Yes. You can charter a boat with or without a skipper from numerous motor boat and yacht companies around the island, enabling you to set off on your own or join an organised excursion from ten or more ports and beaches along the coast. Several companies offer boat trips and excursions for individual tourists, mainly from the beginning of April to the end of October, although some operate all year round. The main four destinations are as follows:
• Une sortie le long de la côte ouest qui intègre la découverte de la réserve naturelle de Scandola (accessible uniquement par la mer), le village de pêcheurs de Girolata (accessible uniquement par un sentier pédestre autrement) et les Calanche de Piana. D'avril à novembre au départ de Calvi, Ajaccio, Porticcio, Porto, Propriano, Sagone et Cargése. Galeria en juillet/août.
• Les îles Sanguinaires situées à l'entrée du golfe d'Ajaccio. Au départ d'Ajaccio/Porticcio d'avril à octobre.
• An excursion along the west coast which includes a visit to the Scandola nature reserve (only accessible from the sea), the fishing village of Girolata (only otherwise accessible via a hiking path) and the "calanche" de Piana. Departures from Calvi, Ajaccio, Porticcio, Porto, Propriano, Sagone and Cargèse from April to November, and from Galeria in July and August.
• The Sanguinaire islands located at the entrance to the Golfe d’Ajaccio. Departures from Ajaccio/Porticcio from April to October.
• The Lavezzi islands and the island of Cavello, located off the coast of Bonifacio, with an opportunity to see the cliffs and sea caves on the coast close to this town at the southernmost tip of Corsica. Departures from Porto-Vecchio, Bonifacio and Propriano all year round. This excursion can also be undertaken on board a schooner and other traditional boats in April/May and October/November.
• The beaches in the Désert des Agriates region (between St Florent and Ile-Rousse) which are otherwise very difficult to get to by road. Boat-taxis from St Florent from April to October.
• From the port of Macinaggio on Cap Corse you can take a boat trip to the Réserve Naturelle des Îles Finochiarola (bird colonies), which can also include an opportunity to discover the wild, unspoilt coastline at the northern tip of Cap Corse (15 June to 15 September).
• From Porto-Vecchio you can visit the Maddalena archipelago (off the north-east coast of Sardinia) from April to November. From Propriano, visitors can also enjoy a trip in the Golfe de Valinco and along the pristine coast to the west of Bonifacio (all year round). Scheduled boat shuttle services also operate daily from April to November between Ajaccio and Porticcio. .